Drugs of Abuse Urine Collection
Urine drug testing that is ordered by a clinician may be collected at any of the WellSpan Outpatient Collection Centers in York and Adams Counties.
Work related or DOT drugs of abuse urine collection for non-emergency situations and clients of WORKFIRST need to be scheduled with either WORKFIRST-York by calling (717) 851-1600 or WORKFIRST-Gettysburg at (717) 339-2880. For times after WORKFIRST regular hours of operation, collections can be done at one of the ReadyCare sites during their hours.
- Give patient a urine collection cup to obtain the urine specimen.
- Instruct the patient to give the collected specimen to a staff member.
- Label the container with the patient's information.
- Have the patient initial the evidence tape.
- Seal the container with the evidence tape.
- Place the specimen in a biohazard bag and seal.
- Have the patient sign the requisition.
- Log order(s) in computer.
- Scan signed requisition into computer.
- File the requisition.